Saturday 16 April 2016

Reviews III

Throne of Jade
Well, I was thinking about this whole day, and it's a really tough question. I have read a lot of books in my life and it's hard to pick only one of them. Suddenly, I have chosen one. It's kind of funny because I read it a long time ago, and I don't remember a lot of things. I barely can tell the story. My favourite book, that is in my opinion the best book I have ever read, is called ‘Throne of Jade’ and it's written by Naomi Novik. I choose this one because of the idea for the universe. The whole story takes place in England and by the Pacific Ocean at the time of Napoleonic Wars. The book is about a dragon called Temeraire and his partner Lawrence. However, the thing that I liked the most was the friendship between the dragon and the  human,  the friendship that exists in spite of opposites. It was just beautiful to see how two different beings are somehow learning to accept each other. If someone asked me about the definition of friendship, I would show them this book.
By Mateusz Woźniak




Game of Thrones
The best book for me is ‘Game of Thrones’ by George R.R. Martin. I like this book, because this is the mix of everything I like in books. This is a book about love, friendship, hate, treachery and secrets. Every situation is unexpected. This book is full of emotions. I like the thing that there aren't just good moments. There are a lot of situations that make me sad. The characters in "Game of Thrones" are very realistic. This is a book for people who like puzzles and secrets. I recommend ‘Game of Thrones’ because I think this is the best book I have ever read.
By Agnieszka Wójcik

 

Hopeless
‘Hopeless’ is a romance written by Colleen Hoover. This is a fantastic book because of the plot, which is very gripping and moving. ‘Hopeless’ is one of scant books which have a well-developed plot and is well-written. The main characters are believable and similar to many teens. Their problems and love between them keeps you on the edge of your seat and you won't go to sleep until you finish this book. If you have time, just reach for this book. It's a must to read ‘Hopeless’.
By Ewelina Protaś







The Fault in Our Stars 
John Green is the author of the worldwide famous bestsellers. ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ is his famous book. I think that this is one of the best books I have ever read. ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ tells about different realities: love, dreams and death. The main heroine is a sixteen-year-old teenager, Hanzel Grace. She has a cancer and that is why she belongs to the support group. One day she meets a boy who joins the team of the people who suffer various serious diseases.
 Augustus and Hanzel become friends. They watch films together, read books and then fly to Amsterdam. But actually it is not just a friendship - this is a true love. Augustus health becomes worse every single day. Soon he dies. Although the book is about many serious problems, it is also funny. It teaches us how hard and complicated our life is. But it can also be happy and fascinating.

 By Karolina Narajewska

No comments:

Post a Comment